• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annoying wiggle!!

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I just replaced all my TRE's on the 88 MJ except for the pitman arm (it looks to be in good shape). I put in a ZJ V8 tie rod (very beefy) and a new stabilizer. My brakes are fine, ball joints too. Never had any wobble, shimmy or shake. My unit bearings are in good shape.

So I drove it to work (20 miles) and it drove fine up to 70 and beyond. I still thought it'd be a good idea to get it aligned just so everything was copacetic. alignment guy said everything looks "GREAT". He did not remove or rotate tires.

Now I'm getting the typical tire balance shimmy from 54 to 58 mph and it's really pi$$ing me off. Anybody got an idea??

Find a tire shop that can perform a Road Force Balance. I had to have have a tire rotated 180* on the rim to offset the heavy spot in the tire from the heavy spot in the rim.

Back