• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waggy D44 swap

cherokeebeast

NAXJA Forum User
I have a question for anyone that has done this swap . I have all the brackets on ready to install them . only concern is will my stock front Drive shaft work with the waggy axle and my rear Double Cardan (CV) drive shaft work ? or will I have to buy new ones ?? any help will do

in the rear? there is no reason it wouldnt work except that the 44 has a wee bit longer pinion than a dana 35 (only relevant if you are upgrading from a 35)

in the front? same deal. 44 pinion is a wee bit longer than a dana 30. so just make sure the driveshafts dont bottom out or overextend and you should be good to go.

they all share a 1310 yoke.

Sweet ! Thanks and I have a 8.25 in ther rear right now ! Don't wanna spend anymore money then I have to ! Any one running the iron rock 3 link long arm or heard anything good/bad about it ?

short answer: dont do it

long answer: search for it
You has no idea what youre talking about!!!
This here kit done good with these here 3 links!!!! My radius arm 3 link done work wells, and I beat it harder than my half cousin wife!

And my flexxx (Get it, I used three X's like SEX!!!!) is uber amazing, I get all the beaches at the high school.

Rabble rabble rabble:flamemad::flamemad::flamemad:

hahaha ok .. here is what i am talking about . http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...e=IROR&Product_Code=IR-XLAU&Category_Code=XLK

i already have the RE 4.5 short arm kit .. want a long ! and been told good things about this and it flexs more then body builders !

it will only flex as much as the rest of your suspension allows it to. just like every other longarm setup. but the other longarm systems are better built, many with better ground clearance, and better performance.

OP: when i swapped my d44 in the front i used my stock DS, works great. also, when i upgraded to the 44, i tossed the gay IRO kit, and made a 3 link.

take a look for my build in the advanced fab section. "44s & a 3 link"

Can NAXJA or someone take legal action against IRO to get them to take the words 3 link off their page? People on cherokee forum actually believe it's a 3 link because of that no matter how long you explain it to them. Apparently rustys, TNT, clayton's and everyone else that makes a radius arm set up is putting out four links since it attaches to the axle in four places.

Back