• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

70 Years ago....

To all those lost on this day in 1941, your sacrifice will never be forgotten........:angel::patriot: And to those that went on to kick ass....THANKS!!!!:patriot::us:

"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, upon learning of the success of the attack on Pearl Harbor

Thank you to all of our service men and women... Past, present and future.

:us:

Side note: My father was aboard the USS Flint in September 1945... The third U.S. ship into Tokyo Harbor after the minesweepers Revenge and Token for the signing of the Japanese surrender.....

Last edited:
:patriot:

My Grandfather was at Pearl Harbor that day and rarely spoke of it. When we went to Pearl Harbor years ago as a family when he was still alive I saw him cry for the first time in my life. After all those years the pain and memory was still VERY fresh and real to him. It's amazing how intense those emotions can be after sooo many years. Really made me appreciate what our armed forces do for us and be aware of the fact that they still have to deal with these memories many years after their service. In reality their service never ends.

These BRAVE service men will never be forgotten.
cid_28B3A602-17A4-40FA-B8D6-79D9C0F.gif

Back