• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sunk jeep

bmxdude151

NAXJA Forum User
so i sunk my jeep today in a hole that i swore wasnt that big. :doh:i had water come half way up the door speakers. everything seems to be fine for now and im just asking if there is certain things i should check out after something like this. btw its a bone stock 99 with the 4.0.

look for water and mud in places it shouldnt be and get rid of it....inside the trans and transfer case, diffs, gas tank, under the carpet, etc.... pretty simple

definately water in the carpet and i already planned on checking the diffs. what about electrical stuff. i know the fuse box was underwater as well. i was only in the water 10-15 minutes tops.

remove power, open up everything you can and flush with clean water. allow to dry completly then put it all back together. even if the diffs look good it might be a good idea to clean them and put in new oil. a little silicone and oil is a small price for peice of mind.

i have checked all fluids except diffs but i got a date to get that done this weekend. so now my only issue is a wet seat and the carpet is soaked. :flamemad:any ideas on how to dry it out?

This could take a while but...
Lift up the carpet as best you can and shop vac it to start.
Lay some towel under the carpet and rest the carpet on top of the towels.
Lift the carpet after a day or two, point a hair dryer under the carpet
for an 1/2 hour or so.

Or buy new carpet.

Being that you're in norrhern michigan with soaked carpet only way to dry it out would be to bring it inside for a few days. Or wait till spring for the temps to rise.

Back