• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Heater control problem

Mikel

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
The temperature control knob in my 97 seems to stick and likes to "spring" back. I've been searching and most of the threads I see are either on the 96 and under style, or the later models with the servo actuating the blend door. Looks like I have a sort of oddball cable actuated setup. Any ideas on what to check?
Thanks.
Mikel

I have the same thing on my 98. I haven't dug into it yet, but I need to soon because my heater core is leaking. I'm split between trying to fix it without knowing what's going on, or trying to swap to the later servo style actuator.

I just went thru this. The cable is hanging up on the back side of the control. Don't get too forceful with it or you will kink the cable. Not sure what was causing it to hang up but I also changed the heater core and found the mounting studs on the drivers side of the heater box broke. I'm guessing the box had a twist to it causing the blend door to hang up.

Back