• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 300 in a 98

itbrokeagain

NAXJA Forum User
Sitting around thinking about stuff (I know dangerous) and thoughts of course went to my Xj. I am going to start my lift and axles in the very near future. Instead of wasting time with a SYE, why not install the Dana 300 I have sitting in the garage? I have heard rumors that a 300 will bolt up in place of a 231 in a Yj but what about a 242 in an Xj? The other issue I came up with was shifters. I would like to twin stick it but I dont want to cut up my console and honestly the more I think about it if I can make the linkage work with my stock shifter I would rather do that. I will be flipping it so it will become driverside to line up with my Dana 44. I am not against a hack and tap in the 241 or salvaging the SYE 231 I have in the Yj but I was thinking a nice cast case and gear on gear would hold up better than an aluminum chain driven case. That being said, I have never hurt my 231 (behind a t-18 and a 302 right now). Thoughts opinions concerns?

d300 = passenger drop

You will need to run cable shifters to flip it.

An early model Bronco D20 will work with a 23 spline input shaft from AA, and the J pattern ones with run twin sticked like a D300.

Yes it will bolt up but not clocked properly, the single offset bolt is at a different rotation. Get a clocking ring. Yes, you have to run cable shifters out the back to clear the front driveline. Or do a flip kit where the shifting rods are moved up top. Here 's some info you might be interested in. http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1073212

Back