• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheapest place for a Optima in So Cal?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
need a Optima Batteries 8004-003 34/78group red top.

Wheres the cheapest in so cal?

A couple years ago I picked one up for my TJ at Costco for the best deal I could find. I don't remember the price but they were a little less then the best price I found online. Not sure if they still sale Optimas but it couldn't hurt to look into it.

Costco had the best price last time I bought them.
But you might want to look into the deep cycle yellow top. Maybe only 10 bucks more, but well worth it.
Let us know what you find (the RV needs new ones....ughhh!)

Just a note: Optima does not support online vendors, and will not honor any battery warranties or even talk to customers that bought their batteries online.

i have top/side (34/78) post red tops at my shop for 184$/ea plus tax, need a core though or it's $12 more or 75/25 top/side posts for $175 plus core and tax. yellows are $208 and a much much better battery. only diff between the 34/78 and the 75/25 is the location of the posts.

34/78:

897878.jpg

75/25:

897888.jpg

Not bad, when you figure tax/no tax and shipping costs, he beats autozone by $8 on two optimas....BUT, if there was a warranty issue i'd be screwed. Every place i've dealt with on optimas will only warranty ones they sold.:(

He will warranty it for you. If you decide to call him, his name is Cris, tell him Tony from the Bronco site sent you... I am pretty sure he might be able to cut you guys a little deal too ;)

He will warranty it for you. If you decide to call him, his name is Cris, tell him Tony from the Bronco site sent you... I am pretty sure he might be able to cut you guys a little deal too ;)
I'm sure he would, but I was thinking about the $40 in freight if it needs to be done. I'd do it in a heartbeat if shipping were covered for warranty claims.

Doh, looks like I have the best price. I can sell them to you for $165 + $12 core (or core) + tax

Costco had the best price last time I bought them.
But you might want to look into the deep cycle yellow top. Maybe only 10 bucks more, but well worth it.
Let us know what you find (the RV needs new ones....ughhh!)

Yellow top sucks as a starting battery, it just doesn't deliver. I have one in the red Jeep, I plan to put a supplimental small battery in for starting.

Back