• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkel

joejeep92

NAXJA Forum User
Going to be making a snorkel out of exhaust tubing. Weld it up nice and I figure it will look a lot better than PVC. My question is the only other one I have seen like this used 3" and said he had trouble packing air through it. Any ideas on what size would be optimal?

jiggawatts.jpg

I think 3" whould be plenty large to breathe. I'd be more concerned about something that wide hanging off the side of the jeep. Some flatter piping might work better, give you better clearance around the trees. Not sure what kind you could use though.

Just run it thru the firewall and out of the cowl up the center of the windshield, down the center of the roof and go straight up above the hatch. It could double as a flag pole!

I don't know about yall, but no way my jeep can hit 88 mph. I got it up to 65 last night, that was good enough, I think my knuckles are still white.

A former co-worker has a delorean with a Lotus V8 engine in it, he's the second owner, had the car since '83. I got to ride in it a few times, really cool car.

joejeep92 just ignore Lowrange, he's an uneducated hick like all South Carolinians

Have you considered just doing a cowl intake? It's not quite as high an intake as a snorkel, but it's completely clean looking, has a shorter intake path, and still gets cold air.

If you do use the exhaust tubing, PLEASE go to a exhaust shop and have it mandrel bent, at least the section outside the jeep. Don't do the cut, bend, and weld thing because that would look hideous.

I can see in your sig that you have less lift, radial tires, and non-full width axles. I'm guessing you even have sway bars! You're rims probably aren't bent either.

haha them sc people...well I work in a fab type setting so my cut and weld would look ok but I do agree on mandrel. I'll just have to map out what I want to do with it

Back