• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires Goodyear dura trac

gird123

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know if this is the right place to post this.

New discount tire in town (Carson City Nv) and they have a deal on 4 goodyear dura trac for $725 out the door. Jeep is my DD and i hope to wheel a few times a year. Any one running this tire? Thoughts?

Hear good things, there is a review thread over at cherokeetalk.com forums.
Also, if you become a member of treadlightly.org you get an additional 100$ off Goodyear tires (= Not sure what size you are needing, but from what I have seen on their site is that the MT/r Kevlar is not much more. Also, they do price match and treadepot.com is usually cheaper for either tire.

I prefer Bidgestone Dueler REVO
The Falken AT's that they carry are great too.

I can tell you 3 things.
1. Excellent price
2. You will be EXTREMELY satisfied
3. Those tires will last a long long time.

x2 Best advice.

I got just under 55k out of mine on my CJ. Only reason they're not on my XJ is I got a killer deal on some Grabber AT2 (All 4 M&B for $450).

I paid $1000 for my 265/75-16's and have put almost 10k miles on them and they still look like the day i bought them. They perform awesome off road. My only complaint is that they are a /tad/ bit loud on the highway, but it is a small price to pay for how well they perform everywhere else.

Buy them. Absolutely fantastic wet asphalt traction, which can't be said about the majority of AT/MT tires. Traction is surprising off-road as well - they definitely helped me keep up with fully-locked vehicles out in Uwharrie.

Road noise is definitely noteworthy, but they ain't as loud as MT/Rs and other MT tires by a damn sight.

Two people (father and friend) have bought them solely based on experiences with them on my XJ.

I have them and love them. They are quiter then my old BFG AT's so I'm not really sure about the noise others are talking about. They are great in the snow and seem pretty darn good in the mud too. I have 7k miles on mine and haven't noticede any wear what so ever. They have been rotated twice though.

I have them on my '04 WJ, as a studded winter tire. Love them. On my second season, and they look like new. Noisy, but they have studs!

Waiting for my Silent Armors to wear out on my xj to get them on my rig, same with my ZJ.

Nice tire.....

I have them and love them. Best all around tire I have ran. They grip super well in dry and wet conditions on the road, quite on the freeway, and are awesome in the snow. Obviously they aren't as good in mud as a mud terrains but they are a whole lot better than bfg ats. I have about 10k on mine and they have 15/32" tread on the inside and 17/32" on the outside. My toe was 5 degrees off, but even so they are wearing slow.

x2 Best advice.

I got just under 55k out of mine on my CJ. Only reason they're not on my XJ is I got a killer deal on some Grabber AT2 (All 4 M&B for $450).

55K? That's great! I'm at 40k on a set of Grabber AT2's and figure they'll need replacing before summer (they'll be close to 48k by then).

Anybody else got that kind of milage on a set?

I have 17k on mine and they still look new. Good in all conditions and I haven't had any issues with them. Highly recommended. I paid $160 a tire in July 2010 from Discount Tire Direct for 245/75R16 load range C.

Back