• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GF's Car was recovered...

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
I get a notice in the mail yesterday stating the car was found. Yeah, it was found on the 18th and had been in the impound for 11 frikken days! WTF! No one called us and the assholes had the nerve to try and charge us 548 dollars for storage fees.

Went down to the Sherrif station as they were the ones who recovered it and they claim they called us on the 18th. Not one message was left and they stated they could not do anything for us. Asked to speak to the watch commander and he told us the same thing. Only thing he offered was to call the impound and explain to them that there was a miscommunication on their part( way to not fess up to a complete XXXX up ).

The impound agreed to only charge us for 6 days instead of the 11. Oh how nice of them! that was still 386 dollars for a XXXX up that the police had made. Not to mention had i picked it up the day it was found they would have charged us 200 ish dollars.

This pisses me off to the 400th power! To make things worse the car was left on some spare tires up front and i need to find some wheels and tires for the front so we can sell the car. Nothing was damaged aside from our pocket books. This sucks! why is it that the victims of car theft are left to pay these hefty recovery fees?

Cliff notes:

Cops are a joke!
Need 14" rims and tires 4x100 bolt pattern ( 2 of them )
Also need a battery for te car but ill be getting a cheap one from the battery spot.

no insurance?

call the police and say the impound yard stole your car. it's not like you signed anything to let them tow it or store it.

thats is somewhat of a joke really. unfortunatly i have a feeling you are stuck. the towing business is probably one of the most corupt businesses around.

Last edited:
call the police and say the impound yard stole your car. it's not like you signed anything to let them tow it or store it.

The report shows the police found it. Doubt that would work. Plus, the police won't do anything. Hence why I payed the 386 to get the car out.

I still have that tire you gave me, and I actually grabbed another one on craigslist, so I now have two 14" rims and tires with 4 x 100 bolt pattern. I planned to put them on my Kia and then wrecked it the next day so they are now just collecting dust in my garage. They are all yours if we can find a way to get them to you. I even have the spare I pulled out of the Kia (to make room for your tire) so technically I have 3 tires you can have.

I still have that tire you gave me, and I actually grabbed another one on craigslist, so I now have two 14" rims and tires with 4 x 100 bolt pattern. I planned to put them on my Kia and then wrecked it the next day so they are now just collecting dust in my garage. They are all yours if we can find a way to get them to you. I even have the spare I pulled out of the Kia (to make room for your tire) so technically I have 3 tires you can have.

Saweet! Ill come get them sometime this week! Thanks brad.

Wait, where is the thread of the wrecked Kia? How did this happen?

Saweet! Ill come get them sometime this week! Thanks brad.

Wait, where is the thread of the wrecked Kia? How did this happen?

I hit a boulder on Highway 38 going about 60mph. It went through my front bumper, radiator, transmission, exhaust, fuel tank, and finally out the back through my rear bumper. Totally wrecked the car. I had Amber on my son with me and they were a little traumatized but we were all okay. The insurance co. first said the repairs were too expensive to fix then 3 days later they told me they would fix the care with parts from a salvaged donor vehicle. They could not tell me how many miles were on the tranny they were gonna put it or the condition of all the other parts. I let them fix it and then sold it the day I got it back. I was VERY clear to the new buyer what issues it had and the parts that were used to fix it. He even got a copy of the Caliber Collision report/bill. That's what allowed me to get my Suzuki SX4 which is awesome. I get the same 30mpg that the Kia got but I also have AWD. I'm lovin it, but the tires I got for the Kia don't fit on the Suzuki.

I hit a boulder on Highway 38 going about 60mph. It went through my front bumper, radiator, transmission, exhaust, fuel tank, and finally out the back through my rear bumper. Totally wrecked the car. I had Amber on my son with me and they were a little traumatized but we were all okay. The insurance co. first said the repairs were too expensive to fix then 3 days later they told me they would fix the care with parts from a salvaged donor vehicle. They could not tell me how many miles were on the tranny they were gonna put it or the condition of all the other parts. I let them fix it and then sold it the day I got it back. I was VERY clear to the new buyer what issues it had and the parts that were used to fix it. He even got a copy of the Caliber Collision report/bill. That's what allowed me to get my Suzuki SX4 which is awesome. I get the same 30mpg that the Kia got but I also have AWD. I'm lovin it, but the tires I got for the Kia don't fit on the Suzuki.

Dang, glad you were all OK. You guys going to be home Saturday? I may have time then.

Back