• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring LED lights for 1/4 panel armor?

lilnapsak

NAXJA Forum User
ordered THOR 1/4 panel armor the other day and im curious on how to go about wiring this up for LED lights. they look like this:

RD_THOR.jpg

id like to add another light to the side to keep it more legal (1"x4" red turn signal im thinking)

i found this thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=980571 that shows a pretty simple way of doing it, but im not sure how i would add the side blinker to that.. i want it to do the same tail light/brake light/blinker as the oval shaped one, is it as simple as splicing it in with the oval shaped light or more involved?

they work the same as the regular lights like that you should have a 3 prong plug and the colors should be white black and red ....

White is Ground
Red is Stop/Turn
Black is running lights

They may be just plug and play as in just splicing the wires and go however if your turn signals do what they call hyperflash then you need a resistor in line ... as fas as making it one socket instead of the 2 you can splice the 2 positives together but you may need some diodes in line do it doesn't backfeed the system

They may be just plug and play as in just splicing the wires and go however if your turn signals do what they call hyperflash then you need a resistor in line ... as fas as making it one socket instead of the 2 you can splice the 2 positives together but you may need some diodes in line do it doesn't backfeed the system

or an electronic flasher to prevent the hyperflash

if you run into problems just get the 3wire to 2wire adapter for led lights on a trailer. tow ready makes it. i'll try to find the part number if you need it.

yeah i had a hell of a time getting mine to work and the tow ready adapter worked for me.

Back