• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine light Code PO141

What's Next?

NAXJA Forum User
My neighbor a had check engine light on his 2000 XJ so I pulled the code for him with my scanner. It pulled code P0141 Bank 1 Sensor 2. I did a search :read: :compwork: and from what I found it seems to be the O2 sensor after the cat, the very last sensor. Can someone please confirm this. Also how hard is tthis sensor to replace. Thanks

It's an easy sensor to replace. It sticks right out of the pipe, and you'll see it if you crawl underneath. But before doing anything, I'd clear the code and see whether it comes back right away. Mine (99) pops on occasionally, usually in traffic after a hot restart, and often seems to get better after a fillup. It can go for thousands of miles without coming on, and then recur randomly, sometimes clearing itself after a few starts. I've just stopped worrying about it.

Fix it or replace it.

P0141 possible causes
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 blown fuse
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks

Fix it or replace it.

P0141 possible causes
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 blown fuse
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
Cool thanks I'll look into it. I think I may just try to replace it. I check the harness and it looked ok.

Check the fuse for the O2 sensor circuit before you replace the sensor. I just replaced both my sensors only to find that the blown fuse was actually causing the CEL. You may be due for new sensors anyways, but still worth taking a few seconds to check to see if it resolves your problem.

Check out this thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1052496

Last edited:
Back