• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle swap questions

TRCM

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to either go to 4.10 or 4.56 gears in my rig. Have been looking for axles and seem to find a lot of TJ/YJ axles.

If I remember right, the YJ is a leaf spring front, and the TJ is a coil spring front ?

How close are the widths on these to the XJ axles?

I searched but didn't come up with any answers, so I gave up and posted the question.

I am also considering waggy axles, but don't really want to deal with redoing the front suspension mounts right now.

They are the same. The coil spring front are bolt-in. I believe they are low-pinion tho. With the leaf spring front you can cut the perches off and weld on coil buckets.
A 4cyl XJ will have 4.10s, very few had 4.56s

I missed a awesome deal on a set of 92 XJ axles with 4.56's already in them on CL.....sent email, then today when I asked where they were to check them out, he said a buddy was buying them. Was only asking 300 for both axles.

Back