• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4" BS in 17x9 or 17x8 size?

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can score 17x8 or 9's in the "soft 8" pattern type wheel that has 4" BS? I can only find 4.5" and as it is now the 4" BS rims I run come within an inch or less of my lower control arms at full lock so I don't think the 4.5" BS is gonna cut it.

I can't find a wheel that size with less bs. Strange. I could have swore I saw some with 3.5" bs.

Dont worry, youre not crazy. I have 17x9's with 3.5" of BS (8 lug variety) on my black jeep. They're the ProComp Rock Crawler ones sold through 4wheelparts (at least thats where I bought mine from not too long ago).

thanks guys....damn almost $100 per piece that seems steep. I guess I am used to the 15x8 prices since I got that size for like $35 each. I don't really care for ProComp but guess that is the only choice.

Actually, I think 4.25" would be perfect but that aint gonna happen. I might try to run the 4.5s and adjust my wheel stop. I will lose a bit on turning radius but nothing major. I am just concerned with tire stuff. I think to take full advantage of stuffing the tire into the wheel well (with minimal rub/clearance issues) there is a fine line and its right around 4-4.25" of BS (depending on tire width which I am using 12.50 as the basis since that is the tire I am using).

The wheels in the link won't fit your Jeep, but the price is about the same for wheels that do. I don't see 3.5" in them, although they do list 4.25 on Summit and 4WDH. You might also look for steelies from a Dodge LX car, although I think they're only 7.5" wide.

thanks guys....damn almost $100 per piece that seems steep. I guess I am used to the 15x8 prices since I got that size for like $35 each. I don't really care for ProComp but guess that is the only choice.

If you think that's bad, you should check out the prices for 17" tires vs. 15" tires....

If you think that's bad, you should check out the prices for 17" tires vs. 15" tires....

yeah, I have already seen those prices which are ridiculous....only reason I am even running them is cuz a snagged a set of 4 BFG all terrain 315/70/r17's that had about 80% treadlife left for $150

Back