• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Denny Creek Thanksgiving Eve

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Last Wednesday night Dick (dick.breakey) and I headed up to Denny Creek (I90 exit 47)for a "short" snow run. We left my place a little after 4 after fixing a track-bar bracket bolt on my jeep. We arrived shortly after dark, I locked my hubs and dick manually shifted into 4-Low. We maintained a decent rate without airing down. Dick slid into the ditch at the base of the switchbacks. I spent about 30 minutes trying to pull him out forward and decided to pull him out from the back. Just as I had gotten turned around 3 Alex (Ba-Riedo) showed up with couple other guys and used his Master pull goodies to winch dick out from a better angle. We decided to turn around and head back because Dick needed to get home. On the way back my jeep shut off without any warning. I didn't have any fuel pressure, had dick tow me back to the road. Alex ended up letting me use his trailer and I drove his Jeep back to my place.

Did you get any pics? I only got a few from the top...

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1826.jpg

My events of that evening
Made it to the top of Tinkham
Hit Denny
Found Joe and turned them around
Made it to the top, turned around, got stuck playing
Winched a toyota from the same spot Dick was hung up in
Got down, found Joe broken down
Put Joe's jeep on my trailer, let him drive mine
Swap out jeeps at Joe's house
Get home around midnight

-Alex

Yeah I got them. Pics will be up today. Been real busy lately

Sent from your subconscious without you knowing.....

alright this is going to be tough cause my computer is being a bitch and the trackpad is barely working. but i finally got them uploaded. should have a couple others again when my trackpad works(as it decides to for about 90 seconds every so often)

didnt get any pics of my rig after the front end fell downin the ditch right as i was getting out. but heres some i got

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

joe broke down.

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

overall i had a great time. locked and I dont think I would have gotten stuck at all. the crushers did a pretty good job all night. up until i fell into that off camber switchback they trucked right along, at full psi. we got lazy and dint air down. ill probably go down to about 8 like alex said to do next time and I shouldnt have near the issues I did. im happy with how it is so far. but this trip tought me a couple things about the jeep

Need:

upgraded steering setup
wj pump and different pulley
air down and not be lazy
lockers would be helpful for sure.

I dont think this thing can blaze any trails for sure, but following like I did that night Im comfortable with doing, even without the lockers. Looking forward to doing it again for sure.

We will do round 2 soon, I'm going to fix my fuel pump when I get home Saturday evening.

Back