• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ Sport 4.0L wiring harness question

igetcrunkman

NAXJA Forum User
Today I was replacing the CPS on my jeep, and in the process noticed a loose plug dangling from my wiring harness, right next to the wiper fluid reservoir. I have looked everywhere and can't figure out where it goes. I also looked at the wiring diagram (i don't know how to read wiring diagrams) and attempted to locate something that tells me what it's for. Unsuccessful. I called my brother who has some experience working on this particular XJ and asked him if he knows what it's for. He said he thinks it's for some option the Jeep had which wasn't installed, but the plug looks to me like it was plugged in somewhere at one point. Pictures are attached.

one wire is black, and the other is red with a black stripe.

IMG_20111127_153546.jpg

IMG_20111127_153509-1.jpg

IMG_20111127_153525.jpg

IMG_20111127_153223.jpg

Under hood light

I would reccommend looking for one from a renix XJ, they can be taken apart, and the mercury switch swapped for a toggle, comes in handy sometimes

Back