• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water temp. sending unit location??

bigdummy30

NAXJA Forum User
ive searched but havnt seen any concrete answers yet....i know back of the head ,ive seen the inline ones in the heater hose/radiator hose, and ive also seen T'ing off of the thermostat housing...

i was all set to use the at the back of the head but the sending unit for the sunpro gauge i bought uses/needs a 3/8 MPT thread and the head is a 1/4 i believe (too small either way)and im not sure it would be accurate with the adapters i would have to use to make it fit....any advice on which location would be the most accurate??

a-heater hose
b-radiator hose
c-thermostat housing
d-adapters off the head

or does it not really matter since im going from an idiot light to a gauge and any reading would be better than a idiot light...

have you considered converting your stock dash over to full gauges? i would hate to have to continue looking at idiot gauges... that'd make 2/3rds or so of your dash...useless.

stock are electric and id rather have mechanical ....oil pressure is already in so i was hoping to keep 'em matching ....i had thought about it though....

and im pretty sure my speedometer is off so that makes my even more of my dash useless:roflmao:

Back