• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oh no what is this wire and where does it go?

commando

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 xj with the auto my 242 was junk so I put in a 231 out of a 88 in after all that the trans will not shift I took the fuse out of the box under the dash so I could shift it manually and get to work this morn
I started looking and found a round rubbery plug with a white wire coming out of the middle it looks like it might have been pulled apart is this my problem and what is it and where does it belong
Thanks a million
dsci0001

Really need a pix and an exact location.

I can't seem to get the pic to work but it's location is running along the upper drivers side of the transmission with the transfer case indicator switch wiring, doesn't go back past the trans

OK went to the junk yard and found a 90 it is going into the rear upper half of the transmission right behind the transfer case bracket.

Nobody knows what this is? And how does it come out so I dont damage the JY one gettin it out. Thanks

Back