• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No start

98xjeepy

NAXJA Forum User
Before i get started the jeep in question below is a 99 wrangler with the 2.5 5spd m/t. All stock.

Ok so my girlfriends best friend was at the house yesterday and went to leave and her jeep was dead. I suspected battery. So after i got off I put one of my spare battery's in it and she fired up no hesitation. Drove around the block a few times. Turned it on and off a few times to see that it would start more than once. No problem. BTW is was pouring the rain this whole time and she was parked on the side of the street so needless to say i am soaked by now. I go in tell her its good to go and she loads up her things and tries to start it. It will turn over just fine. Its getting fuel. It will not fire at all. Wont hit with starting fluid or anything. Im guessing water got in a electrical connection in the process of installing battery. I did pull each plug wire on both ends an used wd-40 to try and repel and water that may have seaped in. I did the same with electrical side of coil and any electrical plug that looked as though water could have got into it. No luck. It sat over night still nothing. Her dad put a crank sensor on it. Nothing still. Any ideas what to try next? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Back