• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boostamante for El Presidente ;) De Socal Chapter-O

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so if i remember correctly ( and i don't )I believe someone nominated me for Socal Chapter President so here goes.

A little about me, well... I have been an active member since 09 and to this day have not missed out on one NAXJA event ( Take that es-kwerly! :p ) . I have been to both Socal Fest and Goat fest since the beginning of my jeep addiction and I must say they are a lot of fun. I have been all over the place being helpful where I can and when I can. Being from South Central LA sometimes can get in the way of going out to BFE to lend a hand with wrenching but like stated before, I get out when I have time.

For the most part though you all know me as the little beaner man with Drew Carey glasses and the silly sense of humor. Apparently I fart a lot too ;) But i plan on cutting back if elected pres.

I also plan on treating everyone who does a run with me to a delicious Boostamante Manifold burrito. That alone should persuade you to vote for me :)

1. Why do you feel you are qualified for the Chapter BOD positions?

I feel I can bring some " spice" to the Socal chapter ( yes, that was crack at me Mexican-ness )

2. What changes would you commit to and deliver on to improve the chapter?

Umm... did i mention manifold burritos? Nuff said!

3. What do you like/dislike about the chapter?

Not enough west side Meet N greets!

4. What do you feel are the biggest issues with the chapter and what plan do you have to address them?

Mainly just want to get some more wheeling done with the people in the Socal Chapter. Maybe have a run bi-monthly.

5. Do you have time to commit to the position?

Si!

Feel free to ask me anything else as I'm sure i left some things out!

What kind of Manifold burritos are you making if I vote for you? Doesn't matter cause i already voted for the other guy, but i want to know for the next run if you win.:). You guys are all a bunch of great folks and i wish you the best.
GOOD LUCK

What kind of Manifold burritos are you making if I vote for you? Doesn't matter cause i already voted for the other guy, but i want to know for the next run if you win.:). You guys are all a bunch of great folks and i wish you the best.
GOOD LUCK

Depends what's on sale @ the Grocery store :p
Most of the time i have Chimichangas or the ones with potatoes in them :)

I am LEEP and I approve this message...

Julio, here are some questions for your campain.

Knowing that red letter members are a value to the NAXJA community, how will you encourage black member letters to up or re-up to red letters ?

If you were to try to plan a 3rd chapter event for the year, where would it be and what time of year ?

Would you attend the AAT meetings when they are held and keep the members very abreast of what is going on in those arenas ?

I am sure that I will have other questions in the future but for now this should be some good "thought while setting"!

Leep

i know that you have a sense of humor Julio but I'd like to get serious answers for my questions as the Chapter President position is not a joke. It can be a lot of work and would appreciate sincerity. BTW, I did have a manifold burrito from Julio and it was good

Jewleo, In your campaign will you use the DEN to post pics of boobs for every vote you get in order to recruit votes? I would really appreciate it if you did.

i know that you have a sense of humor Julio but I'd like to get serious answers for my questions as the Chapter President position is not a joke. It can be a lot of work and would appreciate sincerity. BTW, I did have a manifold burrito from Julio and it was good

X2

I understand joking around but a little seriousness would be nice to see...

I am LEEP and I approve this message...

Julio, here are some questions for your campaign

Knowing that red letter members are a value to the NAXJA community, how will you encourage black member letters to up or re-up to red letters ?

Being a red letter comes with many benefits. One of them being a discount with our vendors. On top of that, the other red letter members seem to be more willing to lend a hand to those that are payed members. It's really nice seeing others offer up help, parts, advice etc.
I like to think the kindness isn't limited to only payed members but i really think you get more than you pay for with the yearly membership and would encourage it strongly to those that are considering it.

All in all i think this is one of the best XJ specific sites and would continue giving my hard earned money every year.

If you were to try to plan a 3rd chapter event for the year, where would it be and what time of year ?

That's a good question that i have yet to find an answer to. However I Realize that we currently have Socal Fest and Goat fest which are scheduled around decent weather. With that said, i'm thinking that official day runs may be more suitable since the weather may be too cold or too hot in between the two official events.

Would you attend the AAT meetings when they are held and keep the members very abreast of what is going on in those arenas ?

I have in the past attended these meetings and would keep those interested informed on the changes and up coming events.

I understand 100%

I would not have made this post had I no intention of following through ;) Also glad you enjoyed the manifold deliciousness :thumbup:

Jewleo, In your campaign will you use the DEN to post pics of boobs for every vote you get in order to recruit votes? I would really appreciate it if you did.

There are enough pics of Avery in the Den. But im sure i can post some that are within the guidelines :)

X2

I understand joking around but a little seriousness would be nice to see...

Why so serious? :p

Hope that the answers I gave have been sufficient.

Did I mention Delicious Burritos?

Last edited:
b57b9b30.jpg

How about manifold chorizo?

You just haven't lived until you watch Julio unexpectedly unfold his sausage in front of you in the morning...

Back