• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Button-on Canvas windows/tops

ktm racer 419

NAXJA Forum User
Who has done it? where did you go? make em' yourself?

Lookin for something to cover the openings in my half doors with some clear windows in em' and if they are cheap enough ill get them made for the back windows.

wont expect them to be watertight, just keep the wind and most of the elements out.

305880_10150444879614104_640169103_10555193_508058736_n.jpg

I stopped by a local upholstry shop for this.

I didn't get a quote on the windows but the guy said 80 bucks for a 48" x 60" piece of canvas sewn, reinforced, snaps installed and all I had to do was drill holes in the roof and install the bottom half of the snaps on the Jeep. Not bad if ya ask me.

I've seen where the back window off a TJ top fits inside the d-pillar of most cages perfectly.

I'm sure you wouldn't be looking at a whole lot more for the windows since the canvas is more expensive than the clear plastic stuff.

I did this years ago on a rear window of my Bronco due to rotted tracks. Snaps were bought from a boat supply shop that screwed to the vehicle and the mating snap was 2 pieces that came a anvil and required setting with a hammer to the fabric. I ordered ripstop coated cloth and clear plastic from Grainger. Self adhesive rolls of hook and loop strips (velcro) further sealed the perimeter from leaking and was used to make the clear flexible vinyl windows removable. The velcro helped pull the slack out of the fabric and reduced buffeting and interior resonance.

Ive got around $150 enough to to my roof with canvas tube doors and clear plastic where the windows are velcro and doublestick tape for velcro on cage off ebay

It looks like your passenger side tire is touching since you don't have enough flecks. I recommend the IRO kit and about 10" more lift.

Back