• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

castor angle on 6.5 in. lift ??

teraflexed

NAXJA Forum User
As I continue my search to fix my DW, I find articles about castor angles, I do have adjustable upper and lower arms, so does anyone no what angle it should be set at with 6.5 in lift and how to set it????? Thanks

Last edited:
With that much lift, you probably want between 5-7* of castor. You need to adjust the length of the arms to set the angle - lengthening the lowers and shortening the uppers will increase the angle (bring the pinion down). Do a search and you will find instructions for where to measure the castor angle.

Castor angle has nothing to do with how much lift you have. You want between 5-7* for any lift. You can adjust it up or town to make it handle differently.

Castor angle has nothing to do with how much lift you have. You want between 5-7* for any lift. You can adjust it up or town to make it handle differently.

What?? I am no expert but I certainly had to adjust my castor angle from 3 degrees or so to 6.5 when i went from a 4" to just over 6" in lift.

What?? I am no expert but I certainly had to adjust my castor angle from 3 degrees or so to 6.5 when i went from a 4" to just over 6" in lift.

As far as running the same lift but simply changing from a 33" to a 35" tire SHOULD require NO castor adjustment.

I'll disagree because at some point you need to balance out the drivseshaft angle with the castor angle.

:doh:

What he's saying is that you WANT 5-7º of caster no matter what your lift height is. Of course your caster will change if you just lift it because of the control arm lengths/angles.

Obviously once you reach a certain lift height (hopefully never that high) you need to balance the pinion angle and caster angle which is solved by compromise or rotating the inner Cs.

Back