• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headgasket?

Dest

NAXJA Forum User
I knew my heater core was leaking, but I wasn't really worried about it as it seemed real slow, coolant wasn't getting low just a bit of moisture on the windshield. This morning the Jeep was fine. I go to go home and the Jeep doesn't sound good at all, it's idling real low and rough, my heat is completely gone and when I get home it smells terrible and steam is coming off the engine. The interior temp gauge was slightly higher than normal, usually it stays right at 210, it might've went to 212 or 215. Sometimes during the summer it would have the "heat soak" but after getting the revs up it would go away. It felt like that but worse and didn't go away.

Head gasket just in time for Thanksgiving?

2000 4.0 AW4

Search on 0331 head.

I would look for a leaking coolant hose, and a vacuum hose knocked loose first. Check the MAP sensor vacuum line, especially where it connects to the throttle body. And check the vacuum operated heater control valve and hoses near the passenger side firewall. And check the oil and coolant!!

If one hose was bad, the rest probably are too. Change them all!

Yeah after I filled it back up it had a nice stream coming out of it. rest of the hoses will have to wait til I get back from thanksgiving.

Back