• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just bought 84 xj with lift... need help

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, swapping rides around here. Just bought the wife a 95 v8 zj cause we were burning a lot of gas and junkyard transmissions up in her 87 xj when we tow the popup to north ga. / tenn... Her xj is nice except for the trans problems. Going to fix the trans and sell her xj for a fair price. She was upset about not having a xj and I just found a 84 woody wagoneer for her with a lift(4.5 unknown type, includes uca,lca, brake lines, trans drop, shocks,???), trimmed fenders, disco's, heim trackbar, and 33's on it already. Great. Got for next to nothing too. It has a v6 (great oil pressure) auto, and 207(i'm assuming). The cv in the front drive shaft is shot, making horrible noise in 4lo. Is there a way to retro fit a 87+ front drive shaft? Also steering column is wobbled out way past the point of tightening. Can I use my spare 87 column in its place? TIA

Ghost has the scoop on the front driveshaft swap.

And yes, the steering columns should interchange. Better double check on the transfer case, though. If it's a Waggy I'll bet it's a 228 or 229, not a 207.

Thanks E. I'll get a hold of G. soon. Whats a odd ball tcase do I have? Hmmmm...I've got a bunch of spare 231's I'll have to see if one of those would fit if she ever breaks this whatsit t case.

Depends on what 4 wheel drive system it is...Command Trac will be the 207...I have 2 84s w/ V6 and 207s

Select-trac will be a differtent one can't remember offhand

Kudzu

Select trac is

the 228 or 229. Check you e-mail....... What you selling the 87 for? :) ?

Back