• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Correctly seating coil springs on axle

hawk_sixsix

NAXJA Forum User
New 3.5" coils don't look seated correctly. I installed them with their little painted logo facing out and centered but it appears both coils terminate in different positions at the axle end, and neither looks correct.

I've searched and read here about rotating the coil until it stops (until the flat end of the last coil hits something). Can someone elaborate on this - or another method?

The plate in which the bottom of the coil seats has a "channel" that the bottom of the coil seats into. It should be in place when the terminating end of the bottom coil is at the end of this channel. Don"t forget the retaining clips.

The plate in which the bottom of the coil seats has a "channel" that the bottom of the coil seats into. It should be in place when the terminating end of the bottom coil is at the end of this channel. Don"t forget the retaining clips.

I see a "slot" (channel?) on each side - forward of the spring mount on the passenger side; behind the spring mount on the driver's side. (In the case of the driver's side, this slot is inches from the retainer clip, on the passenger side it's 180 degrees from the retainer.)

The coil should terminate in this slot?

The end of the coil goes in the red circle.

standard.jpg

Back