• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not home from goatfest-tech help needed

souske

NAXJA Forum User
Well my no starts on claw seemed to have turned into a bigger problem, the jeep is now bucking/stumbling under load, and seems to have a problem holding an idle. If I hold it above 3k it (mostly) goes away. Already replaced the fuel filter, and hosed the throttle body with seafoam.

Will be spending the night in Apple Valley, but want to get home tomorrow

Any ideas?

Have you checked all your vacuum lines? A massive Vac-leak can cause that too. also ignition wires and distributor cap.

mine was a bad 02 sensor.. i just unplugged it and she ran better.. rich but better.. got me home.../

o2 won't give starting issues. Computer only really needs a few inputs to fire it up. RPM (crank sensor), temperature (water and air), MAP sensor (for altitude adjustments), etc.

I would be looking for a problem with one of those, after seeing it on the trail, I would lean towards pressure or temp sensors since it appeared to be a fuel issue and started better with some spray. As previously mentioned a good sized vacuum leak might do it also, but I don't recall hearing one??

Back