• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mj Towing ?

No! The XJ will push a SWB MJ around. Even a LWB truck has problems towing another vehicle safely.

I will NOT let you flat tow the XJ from CA to MA with the MJ. Sorry Dan.

/thread

Beef up the MJ, put a V8 in it WJ steering/brakes. Get a trailer with brakes on go! Ha.

I don't think flat towing would be very safe at all, but if you can get a light weight trailer suitable to hold the XJ then I think you'd be under the max load on the MJ. I think the max towing load is around 4-5k on my 00 XJ, but I've never towed anything very heavy with it. If you do trailer it then make sure to do a full run-down / check of the MJ. Also, (in my opinion) a tranny cooler is mandatory for towing anything substantial with an AW4. Part failure with something big attached to the back of a tow-rig can be really scary and dangerous.

Good luck! :)

1216111622.jpg

:explosion

i've flat towed my xj behind my full size chevy van, and it was a little sketchy. i would not do it behind a smaller vehicle. the problem is the towed vehicle doesnt turn very well and tends to push the rear end of the towing vehicle around durring turning and/or braking. it's not the same as towing with a trailer. i've actualy towed a zj on a trailer behind the same van and it handled much better.

:twak::moon::spin1:

that is a pretty scary setup. It MIGHT do it empty, but it won't be safe, and it certainly wouldn't be anything resembling a good idea if that trailer has anything in it :wow:

:twak::moon::spin1:

that is a pretty scary setup. It MIGHT do it empty, but it won't be safe, and it certainly wouldn't be anything resembling a good idea if that trailer has anything in it :wow:

that pic was a joke. the :explosion was supose to be a clue. i was bored at the shop and the goose neck trailer matched my mj. this is the truck that normally pulls the work trailer

1230101103.jpg

Back