• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake light wiring question...

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
When I got my jeep it had a hitch but no wiring. Looks like they did it ghetto rigged and I have no brake lights. I took off the taillight and see this mess. I am really bad with electrical . Would that ground that is tapped to the body reattached somewhere possibly give me brake lights back? Looks like it came loose when they ripped off what I'm guessing they used for the trailer.

77327d1321722516t-brake-light-wiring-question-image-2151838046.jpg

They used that just for the trailer lights i would think.Check your brake light switch on the pedal.Test it to see if it is getting power first, then push the ped to see if the switch works,Then go from there.

Try this, i know it is funny sounding but, it worked on my buddys.Wiggle the blinker arm while you step on the brake pedal.This is how we found he problem.Check the plug on the colum where everything ties into, pull and clean.

Do all this with KEY OFF.

Thank You, I went to try this and noticed this connecter had nothing going to it?

1235b86.jpg

There is also an after market keyless/remote start installed by the PO, and I saw this wire coming off the brake switch:

2m49a38.jpg

Back