• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 xj Maintenance light on ????

NorCAL_XJ11

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i got a got 91 xj no real mods besides the lift.. its got like 120,2xx miles on it and the maintenance light came on yesterday.. Havent seen/felt or heard any problems with it.. Any ideas thanks.. Im puzzled.

ya put a 5.0 or 350 in front of me and im great

Do you mean the MAINT REQD light? The ECM tells that to come on after so many miles so the dealer can replace the O2 sensor for an astronomical fee. If you know a shop with a Snap-On engine scanner, they will be able to reset the counter with about 5 min of work. Alternatively you can pull the bezel and remove the lamp.

Not positive, but I believe there is a separate module--not the ECM--that turns on the maintenance light; just remove that module. It's somewhere up under the dash on the driver's side.
And if you haven't done so by now, replace your O2 sensor--probably increase your mileage.

Look here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/maintenance-required-light-634824/

Last edited:
Back