• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant leak, rear driver side.

Nova Wake

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1995 4.0 cherokee and earlier this year it would leak coolant or water from the interior passenger side onto the floor, it has sice stoped doing that and I have been close to overheating a few times and have added coolant to alleviate that problem. I recently had a problem with the o2 sensor and it appeared the wires were eaten away.

Today I had the jeep in the parking lot all day where I added coolant and have located that is leaking at the rear driver side of the engine, it drips right onto the o2 sensors wires and has even left marks on the exhaust where it goes across.
My oil pressure is fine and the oil doesn't look milky. The exhaust smells sweet at the front where its burning off but not at the rear, there is also no white smoke. What is leaking? Its not at the front where the water pump is. Its almost as far back as you can get on the driver side of the engine, it looses about 4-6oz of coolant in a 9 hour span(guesstiment).

Back