• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar Relocation?

ProJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody, I was was wondering where would you relocate a trackbar on a D30? Im getting ready to do a OTK or some type of high steer on my xj but im puzzled as to where youd relocate it?

any pics and or links would be appreciated thanks

jcr makes a decent bracket. search for it, or check out the links at the bottom of this page

Hey everybody, I was was wondering where would you relocate a trackbar on a D30? Im getting ready to do a OTK or some type of high steer on my xj but im puzzled as to where youd relocate it? any pics and or links would be appreciated thanks

Here is a 'how to' article. It is on a RHD XJ so everything is on the opposite side but the basics are the same. You can make the bracket or buy one from one of many vendors.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoOTKTrackbarBracket.htm

For the OTK, you will also have to move the sway bar links upward.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoOTKSwaybarBrackets.htm

I'm running the JKS OAB bracket, their build-yer-own trackbar kit, along with a frame end double sheer bracket. I'm using the JKS OEM style rubber bushing on the axle end, I have no complaints about flex (I can unseat both front coils.) I don't know that I'd bother with a Heim joint there.

One thing to note about this arrangement: it does shorten the trackbar. My trackbar & draglink are pretty close to parallel, but the draglink is significantly longer than the trackbar. This does lead to some steering issues as the suspension cycles up and down.

I'm running the JKS OAB bracket, their build-yer-own trackbar kit, along with a frame end double sheer bracket. I'm using the JKS OEM style rubber bushing on the axle end, I have no complaints about flex (I can unseat both front coils.) I don't know that I'd bother with a Heim joint there.

One thing to note about this arrangement: it does shorten the trackbar. My trackbar & draglink are pretty close to parallel, but the draglink is significantly longer than the trackbar. This does lead to some steering issues as the suspension cycles up and down.

I went with a heim because I kept going thru those poly bushings. I got tired of replacing them.

Shoot, I'm still on the original bushing that came with my first JKS trackbar. When I put on the OAB stuff, I swapped the brand new end onto the old trackbar and sold it that way, the old one was still perfectly serviceable. I don't recall mine being poly, I thought it was a rubber end (OGS125 end.) And the OGS950 kit comes with a rubber end as well.

Well, mine wasn't a JKS kit. Mine was a stock bushing housing cut off a stock trackbar and welded on the end of a piece of DOM. Then I used a 2 piece poly bushing with a sleeve thru the middle.

THAT worn out constantly. I went to a heim and haven't had a problem. The heim joint was cheaper than one of those poly bushings.

Back