• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar review?

Brandon77

Member# 3846
NAXJA Member
I am lifting my jeep soon to 5 inches so i will need to get an aftermarket track bar. Any suggestions? There are a lot of mix reviews out there. What do you ride with?
Thanks

Anything with the modified bracket is best.

Im brain farting on what the other style mount is called right now but I am sure someone will come in with the name.

I had the RE extreme duty TB and loved it.

Anything with the modified bracket is best.

Im brain farting on what the other style mount is called right now but I am sure someone will come in with the name.

I had the RE extreme duty TB and loved it.

Single sheer and double sheer TB mounts?

many who go slow will say anything but rustys, in a double shear mount.

those of us who go fast... will say 'stay away from x, y, and z'. xy&z being the brands of which we've broken. in my case full traction and rubicon express.

personally i like my TnT.

I had a Rusty's one, and while everyone will bash it, it worked fine for me. I didn't wheel hard though. I also had a TNT Customs one that was way too large for my rig so I never used it, but I can honestly say it was probably the best trackbar money could buy. It makes a Rusty's trackbar look like it was made from toothpicks.

Rock Krawler.

There's gonna be mixed reviews in just this thread..haha

I never had a problem with Rusty's bar with the 3" lift I ran, but the TRE mounted in that fashion would get trashed in a run or two.
The JKS trackbar was a work of art, and I never wore out the Johnny Joint. The jam nut on one of mine loosened mid-run and the threads were thrashed in short order. Totally my fault.
The TNT bracket didn't fit for crap and neither did the bar. I re-worked that junk, then bent the trackbar on the Rubicon. It bent easily. I don't want to revive any of that bs, let's just hope they're building them better nowadays.
The RE HD bracket fit perfect and so did the trackbar and brace. The poly bushing and flex joint haven't worn out.
I put my rig through a mix of everything, from Sledgehammer to the dunes, as fast as it can churn the little 35's..

Awesome, thanks for the feed back so far. Yeah mixed reviews here as well but i wanted to see what naxja members had to say. Its all helpful.
Has anyone used Iron Rock?

Rock Krawler has one that uses a very nice bracket (double sheer) and a solid 1.25" trackbar.

if we werent running a rockjock w odd steering on our stock class KOH XJ, I would run thier full trackbar and bracket. But currently we are running thier bracket and hiem.

I would definately be running rock krawler if i didnt build my own

i wouldnt even consider anything that uses the factory size 10mm bolts. breaking trackbar bolts sucks.

even if you think you are doing light wheeling. you never know what you are going to get into in the future and the extra $50 or whatever will be well worth it in the long run.

i originally had they RE track bar that worked with the stock bracket. it wallowed out over time and i was constantly retorquing it. finally, i decided to get a double sheer bracket. because the heim at the frame end uses a misalignment spacer, it was all a bolt in conversion.

IronRockOffroad double sheer here and no complaints. It is built well and had good service from IRO, price is decent also.

I run the Kevins Offroad double shear. Super solid, and the bushings are the same as JKS so they are easy to find. The KOR-only 'high durometer' bushings are pretty loud though.

If you are able to do some fab work or you can afford to have it done, I suggest a straight track bar and over the axle mount and either an aftermarket or modified stock double sheer frame side mount. This could be done for less than $200 in parts and whatever the labor. The resulting track bar will be unbreakable and last many years.

I also have the Kevins offroad trackbar and bracket. I had to cut and reweld the bracket as it was not correctly lined up with the track bar when installed. No big deal to me but maybe for someone else and the fact that I paid extra for the bracket that I could have made myself to save a few bucks.

Back