• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are the candidate threads?

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Now that the SoCal BOD elections are underway, havent seen any threads on the candidates so I'll ask them all:

1. Why do you feel you are qualified for the Chapter BOD positions?
2. What changes would you commit to and deliver on to improve the chapter?
3. What do you like/dislike about the chapter?
4. What do you feel are the biggest issues with the chapter and what plan do you have to address them?
5. Do you have time to commit to the position?

I was considering making one, but I didn't see any either, so I figured I'd pipe down, lol.

So, you want to hear from Prez and VP candidates, too?

yes.

Every one ;)

Ask me after GoatFest... I have to pack!

Carol, current (and possibly future) Chapter Treasurer, who has her priorities right--going wheeling this weekend, paperwork and campaigning later!!

1. I have been a member for quite some time and I believe I have a "feel" for what is best for Socal chapter. I have been in leadership positions in the VFW so I am not new to leadership roles.
2. That depends on what membership wants to see changed. The whole "change" thing is not working out so well with Obummer.
3. I like the sense of comeraderie that our members show on a daily basis. I dislike the shenanigans on the forum that are sometimes let go longer than they should.
4. Personally I would like to see more events at the local level. What that takes is people from each area stepping up to host events. I will encourage this kind of involvement. I want to know what others see as issues in our chapter. When I have a good idea what membership wants to see improved then I will form a plan to address the concerns.
5. I have gotten a great deal of satisfaction and value from my membership and I will strive to give the job its due. I have a girlfriend who supports me big time (unlike my ex who hated my involvement in anything that wasn't her idea) and I think this will translate into me putting much more energy into my involvement with Socal NAXJA.

Do you care about the Adopt A Trail program?

Have you participated in an Adopt A Trail run? If no, why not?

What would you do to encourage participation in the AAT program?

Do you care about the Adopt A Trail program?

Have you participated in an Adopt A Trail run? If no, why not?

What would you do to encourage participation in the AAT program?
I think the AAT program is great. I have been on an adopt a trail work day and had a good time. I think a good way to encourage participation is to seek contributions from companies willing to kick in some goodies for those who participate. Or we could just shame everybody into helping out :D

How come you weren't at GoatFest to build up your voters? :D

Leep posted some questions in another thread and he said he would like answers to these questions from all of the candidates so I am reposting here so as to not hijack Skwerly's thread:

"What is your plan to gain more red letter members or more so to get black letter members who were once red to re-up "?
I would like to come up with a message for all black letter members explaining the intended direction of our chapter and reiterating the benefits of being a paid member. Sort of a "message from the president" I am not sure if this is possible to do by PM but I could also start such a thread.

"How many meet and greets in a general area would you like to see as a whole ?"
I think it would be great to see a monthly meet and greet in all of the general areas our members reside. There are monthly M&G's that our members attend but that are not organized by our members. It will take a few good men (or ladies) to organize and oversee these get togethers.

"Where and what time of year would you like the 3rd socal event to happen"?
I would like to see a January snow run in Big Bear or somewhere else that can accomodate a large number of members to wheel and let the kids (old and young) play in the snow.
"How would you moderate the forum from inflamitory or derogatory remarks from one member to another, or keep the peace ?"

The only way this can be fairly done is to simply apply the rules as they exist and be consistent with enforcement. If there is a consensus that the rules need to be modified then by all means we should look at that. I believe in the first ammendment but I also believe in rules to keep things family appropriate.

"Those are just a few questions for now. I know that I am a black letter member (former red letter for very specific reasons), but knowing the answers from all the candidates could convince me to go red again."

LEEP, I would personally like to see you return as an active member. You have a great deal of experience with wheeling and with life in general. I have observed you go out of your way to help other members (myself included) and step up to help out with events when needed. I feel this organization needs members of your caliber as an example to new members. I hope you will please consider becoming a red letter member once the new leadership takes over. I think all of the candidates are good choices who will truly have the needs of the membership in mind.

:thumbup:

Back