• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Locks, Windows, Mirrors etc Problem

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
When I bought my Jeep, only one thing didn't work in the system, that being the power door unlock, but only from the drivers side. The passenger's side switch worked fine to unlock all doors.

I first suspected the D-side switch panel. So I replaced it with a used one I purchased off of a naxja member. When I plugged it in, it had the exact same problem! Plus my power mirrors didn't work. So I was thinking I had been hosed into buying a broken part. (later find out that was not the case) So I plug the old one back in, and now even it won't operate the power mirrors.

Crap.

Then this week I notice (probably caused by the same thing) that the p-side window controller wont operate the passenger window. However the d-side panel WILL operate it.

After doing some research, it seems the passenger side switch panel contains the "brains" of the whole system (or at least the windows). So I am guessing that would be the next most likely culprit. After that I would guess the wiring in the doors is frayed open and not conducting correctly.

Anything else I should check before I replace the passenger side control panel?

2000 4.0 aw4 Sport

Check the wires in the drivers door and rubber boot. Any problems there will cause problems in the other doors. Look for broken wire splices, damaged wires, or chafed/melted insulation.

Back