• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

0630 swap

scarylilguy

NAXJA Forum User
im going to swap my 0331 head with a 0630 from a 99 cherokee. i have the cali emissions exhaust system so i have to find a way to mount/fool the o2 sensor (no smog test here). i have already ordered the APN header to solve the physical mount issue to the 0630. i will be using a walker down pipe and a stainless steel flex pipe to mount to the stock cat back.

I've searched and searched the forum but have found no one to successfully retrofit the 0630 without an adaptor plate. nor have i found a solution for the o2 sensor relocation with a follow up on whether or not it worked.

i also came across other tips while searching other forums mentioning timing and cam adjustment. No real information just someone saying to "adjust cam and timing using toothpick test". not really sure if this is necessary but full info is much less dangerous than little info.

i am going to attempt this mod making sure i take pictures and note to pass on this knowledge to whoever might need it next, but until then any input from our local experts would be great.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
The Cali emissions XJs have 4 O2 sensors total. 1 before and 1 after both of the manifold pre-cats. You could probably find those "O2 simulators" online somewhere, not sure how well the jeep will run with those though. I hate to say it, but to do it the right way you should have either gone the adapter plate route or swapped in a '99 computer.

Most people weld in bungs and reuse the O2 sensors.

Do your homework on using the 99 computers. I have one of those as well I'd make you a damn good deal on. 4.0/AW4/NP242, if it makes a difference.

As for reindexing your camshaft position sensor, I'd be happy to help you with that if you need a hand. It's about a 15 minute job. I did a write-up over at http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/how-reindex-camshaft-position-sensor-1145301/

Last edited:
Back