• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me choose the right size tires.

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
It's about time for new tires and the price difference between 33's (the size u have now) and upgrading to 35's isn't too much more.But can my stock d30 and 8.25 handle it?I know a lot of it depends on the driver too.I drive 75% highway and 25% trails.My lift is about 6" right mow.I know I will have to trim the fenders but how much and us it really worth going up in size?

How stock are your axles? I mean, really, for a lot of people a stock D30 is marginal for 33s. A lot still run it, I did, but that nagging worry about breakage is always hanging out in your head. I'm running Yukon alloy shafts now. The 8.25 is better off than the D30, especially if you have a later model with 29 spline shafts. I never really worried about mine with 33s, even with a welded diff. Needless to say, I still upgraded to a 44 with Alloys and Detroit. I was going to regear and lock my 8.25 and foudn the 44 for sale geared, locked, alloyed and disc braked for what I was gonna spend on my 8.25.

The question is, are you able to wheel what you want to wheel now? If your 33s are getting through, what are hoping to gain with 35s?

Back