• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diesel mechanic?

Jump This

Just another minion!
I thought I read someplace where there is a diesel mechanic here on the chapter board.
Is there? Does anyone know a good one around SD?
It appears as though I have an injector leaking in my F250.
Wondering if I need to pull the engine to replace it (I've been told
that that is the easiest ? way to do it.)
LMK
Maybe a good time for said mechanic to earn some extra holiday cash!!

Rick

Rick is it a 6.0 or a 7.3? Also what year is the PowerChoke?

Yeah man, give us some info?? I thought yours was an older model, last one of those I did was fairly easy. I have also heard good things about freedom diesels....I think they are in hemet? But I have no personal experience with them.

Book shows 2.2 hours for one injector, .2 for each additional on the same bank, or 4.6 hours for all injectors. I'd say you shouldn't pull the engine.

Leaking fuel externally?

Yeah. Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem to do it all the time.
Today I drove it out of town and almost nothing. Yesterday I drove it a few miles and it left a good puddle off of the block. I can't see where its coming from (not leaking from fuel filter or any visable location.)

:dunno:

Yeah. Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem to do it all the time.
Today I drove it out of town and almost nothing. Yesterday I drove it a few miles and it left a good puddle off of the block. I can't see where its coming from (not leaking from fuel filter or any visable location.)

:dunno:
More than likely it just needs new fuel hoses. Not a huge job.

Back