• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no frame stiffeners, risky to cut off LCA mounts?

hpi_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
am I running risk cutting off the factory LCA mounts?
I do not have any sort of frame stiffener at this point, and honestly it will be several months before I have any.

I take it that you mounting some kind of longarms then? How do you plan on mounting them? That'll be a lot of stress on the "frame rails" wherever the crossmember/arms are attached.

my lowers are gone as I put on the RC long arms and have had no frame issues and I do not have frame stiffeners.

Cutting the mount off shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure not to cut into the frame at all. It is piss thin. Do the stiffeners ASAP.

Just trim the LCA mount down until the flat plate that's spot welded to the frame is left.

The frame is actually pretty thin there so the LCA mount acts as plating.

Not risky. There are many with long arms and no stiffeners. I plan on stiffeners eventually, but who knows when I'll have the cash and the plan to go to someone's and force them to weld them on for me...:D

I've done this to mine and have yet to install stiffeners just cut the ears off the bracket and leave the rest.

Just trim the LCA mount down until the flat plate that's spot welded to the frame is left.

The frame is actually pretty thin there so the LCA mount acts as plating.
Do what mopar maniac said. I went a little overboard and wanted it all off and found myself staring into what looked to be the grand canyon into my unibody.. luckily I was already planning to extend the boxing in of my frame rail all the way up.. otherwise id have been screwed..

Don't get crazy with an air hammer..... like I did...
IMG_20110725_190054.jpg

Back