• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring liners

dukie564

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK, so I have everything i need for my super flexy bastard pack, except spring liners. Where the hell can I buy a roll of 2 1/2" wide spring liner? The biggest I can find online is 2 1/4", and it has a lip so I can't use it. I'd really rather not have to pay a crazy amount of money for sheets of UHMW-PE but it's not looking good.

Anyone have a source for 2.5" wide leaf liner material?

I never found any when I did mine either. I got the 2.25" and cut the lip off one side. I spray glued them to the springs and they still wouldn't stay. I'm sure not having any clamps caused alot of the problem though. It's still a good idea though cause ur not drilling holes in those springs cause their hard a shit. But you probobly know that. I've drilled holes in the xj springs actually but their alot softer.

yea i already have clamps fabbed up to keep them from rotating out of place, and yea drilling them was a PITA - drilled out the center pin holes to 7/16" - burned up 2 cobalt bits.

I always got mine from the local spring shop.....

I have no idea where my local spring shop is...

Yea...people in DC/MD take their Lexus/Mercedes/BMW to the dealership it's whole life lol

I looked up a retailer for Eaton and got them to ship it to me. I'm in Alberta and the nearest retailer that could get some for me was in Ontario so I had to wait for Eaton to ship it to them and then they shipped to me.

But I LOVE the double lipped liner. I ran my bastard pack springs for a few months before I got the liners installed and it was totally a night and day difference. I will never run springs without them again.

I buy the 2-1/2" 'H' liner from Eaton spring.
http://www.eatonsprings.com/
It doesn't show up on their website so you need to talk with a salesperson.
Their spring liner is good stuff and helps to smooth and quiet the spring action without using lubricants than attract dirt.
Be aware that it does add about 1/8", to the lift, for every added layer- 5 layers equal 5/8" of added lift.

do they sell it by the foot? Or a reasonably sized roll?

I'm also interested cause I swapped my bastard pack for a stock pack that I used another main to "military wrap" since I had too much lift and I haven't put a liner on the extra leaf.

I'll let you know how much I end up getting. I'm sure they'll be some left over. You live close enough to just swing by and grab what you need.

do they sell it by the foot? Or a reasonably sized roll?
I bought it by the foot. It isn't cheap so measure before ordering.

ballpark cost?

Two years ago, when I asked Eaton "[FONT=&quot]I'm looking for double-lipped 2.5" wide plastic anti-friction spring liner", this is the answer received.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]--Your search is over. This is a stock item for us. It runs 1.50 per foot plus shipping.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In order to provide shipping cost, we need the Zip Code of where we will be sending your order.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Money Orders, Wire Transfers, checks and cash. No COD.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank You
Mike
phone 1-313-963-3839
fax 1-313-963-7047
www.eatonsprings.com
[/FONT]

Two years ago, when I asked Eaton "[FONT=&quot]I'm looking for double-lipped 2.5" wide plastic anti-friction spring liner", this is the answer received.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]--Your search is over. This is a stock item for us. It runs 1.50 per foot plus shipping.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In order to provide shipping cost, we need the Zip Code of where we will be sending your order.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Money Orders, Wire Transfers, checks and cash. No COD.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank You
Mike
phone 1-313-963-3839
fax 1-313-963-7047
www.eatonsprings.com
[/FONT]

Thats cheaper than Deaver!

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank You
Mike
phone 1-313-963-3839
fax 1-313-963-7047
www.eatonsprings.com
[/FONT]

Perfect! Thank you.

Soooo....

Eaton Spring has it by the foot - $2/foot + ~$20 shipping
Deaver Spring has it by the roll - $95 for 100 ft + $20 shipping

So it seems Deaver has a much better deal - if I can sell the leftovers. Anyone want some spring liner???? :D

Back