• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water Pump

bgred2

NAXJA Forum User
The water pump I put on 3 years ago is starting to sound like it has some marbles in it. I guess I will replace it before winter sets in. Any suggestions on a particular brand that might be better than others? I can't even remember where I got or what brand the one in it is.
1989 Comanche with 4.0.

Buy a new water pump. You have discovered how long the rebuilt ones last. Buy a brand name part, not the cheap crap at Advance/IdiotZone/O'Reilly.

I have a hesco pump and haven't had any problems and it is several years old. It has a machine blade that supposedly is better than the blades typically on the pumps.

The OEM Water pump has been working great for 10 years+ on my 01 (I guess drain/flush/refill & replace thermostat every 2 years does pay off), When it goes I will replace it with another OEM pump.

Buy a new water pump. You have discovered how long the rebuilt ones last. Buy a brand name part, not the cheap crap at Advance/IdiotZone/O'Reilly.

I must agree with this. The last Azone one I bought only lasted 2 years and it was new. The bearing went out on it. I forget where I got the last one, put I think it was a Japan brand, not China. Check Rock auto and NAPA, and ask the AZ/O'reilys if they have a top name brand that is new, with a lifetime warranty, other than their standard ones?

Rock Auto, looks like an AC-Delco is the best one they offer.

Back