• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 intake swap

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
Been collecting parts for this swap for awhile. My question is, I have read there is a clearance problem with the #6 intake runner with the APN header. Is there a header that will bolt right up when you do a 99 intake swap? Clearancing a little bit is no big problem. I would rather just have a bolt in installation.

Thanks

Droopy

I have the APN/99+ combo on my MJ and i had to clearance the hell out of both components. If i had to do it again i would try to find a different header that fit better but i think that the price differencce between the APN and the edelbrock is huge.

.... have read there is a clearance problem with the #6 intake runner with the APN header...

Some have clearance issues, some don't. It's nothing an angle grinder and few minutes of you time won't cure. I have installed 2 APN so far.

I did this swap with a 99 and up intake and a ANP and DID NOT have to clearance anything on my 96 but word to the wise do NOT use the gasket provided with the header.

Back