• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel psi 31 no load less than 20 accelerating

Dfete1

NAXJA Forum User
I have been having all kinds of stumbling, dying problems with my wifes 94 xj 2wd 4.0 auto. I tested the fuel psi by the book and it was perfect. 31 with the reg hooked up and 40 without. well I rigged up a gauge I could see while driving and under hard acceleration it woul drop to less than 20 and start stumbling. I think I finally found the problem. Fuel psi. Filter is new do you guys think the strainer is just full of junk?

I'd be looking at the fuel pressure regulator. Try pinching the return line closed with it running and then watch the pressure. Also see if it weeps fuel out of the vaccum port without the line on and the jeep running.

Dropped the tank. Strainer was dirty but the black wire that grounds the pump in the tank has a bad connection. Cleanin it up, new strainer, new spade connector, problem solved. Thank the Lord!:yelclap:

Back