• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

47 Tear Drop Build

Yamadevil

NAXJA Forum User
Ahh hell since no one bought it im building it now. You all are going to be sorry you didnt buy it lol. I hope to be somewhat far along for goatfest to be bare aluminum and wired up. I just got one side sanded tonight through 3 coats of paint and on the bottom had another layer of ryno liner type shit that sucked ass to get through. I will be posting up on this as i get progress as i barley started it on sunday, skipped yesterday and on it again tonight.:clap:

ttiwwip.gif

Before anything with shit paint and not knowing bondo under paint
IMG00200-20111106-1230.jpg

Rear deck that needs complete rebuild as wood is gone between the 2 pieces of skin but that is not alot of work just screwing in some slats
IMG00199-20111106-1230.jpg

now the one side half sanded
IMG00198-20111106-1230.jpg

and now with a crappy pic but the same side all sanded to bare aluminum now the hard part on this was there is a strip at the bottom about 8" off the bottom that was like undercoated with a ryno liner type crap with 4 coats of paint. I was cussing like mad on that part. better pic when i can get home during daylight to take a pic
IMG00207-20111108-2116.jpg

more pics to follow fenders and trim are going to be fun there pretty beat up

Need to get the damn propain bottle off the front but some jackass welded it to the frame, I know smart right and it is full so must get that off before i think of taking it to BSC camp at goatfest or my shit will burn to the ground

That teardrop has alot of potential. Will be following this. Been wanted to build my own for a while. Will be starting as soon as I have the room to do so.

Welded a propane tank to the frame?

Wow.. :helpme: There is no hope for the human race.

Still, sweet little trailer, I've been wanting one for years and might even get around to building one someday. I'll be watching for updates!

sorry guys i have been out of town for 3 days... anyway the propane bottle is getting the valve yanked off and filled with water and cut off as soon as i can get to it(probably tomorrow). I am a little unhappy though with me being out of town i probably wont have it rolling in time for goatfest

sorry guys i have been out of town for 3 days... anyway the propane bottle is getting the valve yanked off and filled with water and cut off as soon as i can get to it(probably tomorrow). I am a little unhappy though with me being out of town i probably wont have it rolling in time for goatfest

Is it just welded on to the ring on the bottom of the tank? You should be able to grind that off carefully and safely. I'd just have a quench rag handy and go very slowly cooling it frequently.

yeah but this ring is super small and one of the welds is way close to the tank and the tank is still full (which i will drain and remove the valve) and since fumes are worse then liquid i will fill with water to displace the fumes when cutting. Funny thing is the line that is plumbed to it runs to the very back and out the bottom of the trailer, i should hook up a spark plug back there and could be a cool flame thrower for if peeps driving too close lol

yeah but this ring is super small and one of the welds is way close to the tank and the tank is still full (which i will drain and remove the valve) and since fumes are worse then liquid i will fill with water to displace the fumes when cutting. Funny thing is the line that is plumbed to it runs to the very back and out the bottom of the trailer, i should hook up a spark plug back there and could be a cool flame thrower for if peeps driving too close lol
I would just use a carbide hack saw blade and cut the welds off.

the tank is still full

Then why waste the propane?

Cut or chisel it off and use up that gas! The egg came with a tank that had gas in it, it took me four years to use it up but use it I did, sure it may have been twenty years old but it worked just fine.

Back