• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need a SYE or just new ujoints

year? miles?

i would say no. a transfer case shouldnt even be necessary.

if youve got high mileage, consider that those Ujoints have been the only thing between your Tcase and axles since the jeep was made. they could probably use some love. its a cheap job for piece of mind. if they wear out quick, i would start investigating.

95'
165,000 miles

The problem is I didnt know enough about my jeep to know if the u joints were bad before I added the lift. I guess ill pick some up soon, throw em in and hope for the best!

Hey worldwidechance.., ask the question again--referencing the fact that on another one of your posts you said you wanted to build up your XJ to a 4 inch lift. I believe for my '89 to go up to that inch lift, I would probably need a SYE. Hell, I'd need a different tranny too.., and probably different propeller shaft.., and axle.., and.., might as well rebuild: fill in the blank, lol, ________!

If this is the first time you've done u-joints, you're definitely due. I wouldn't worry about a SYE.

How do you know if you need an SYE? Your teeth will be rattled out :)

The vibes I have now aren't that bad. At about 65 I can definitely feel it in the floor though. It sort of pulsates.

I definitely dont have to money for a SYE so Im hoping that the u joints are just bad anyway.

By lube them do you mean grease or something else? I dont believe my current u joints have a spot to inject grease

The vibes I have now aren't that bad. At about 65 I can definitely feel it in the floor though. It sort of pulsates.

I definitely dont have to money for a SYE so Im hoping that the u joints are just bad anyway.

By lube them do you mean grease or something else? I dont believe my current u joints have a spot to inject grease

Also check your trans mount, a friend had bad vibes and couldn't drive over 45. Turns out it was shot and allowing the trans to bounce/move around causing the vibes. After replacing it only gets a slight vibe at 65 but is drivable.

Sitting at 4-4.5" on mine with no tcase drop, no SYE and no vibes. Just depends on your Jeep mine had a new rear shaft, new ujoints etc in it. Everything is still tight and no noticable adverse wear on anything. I would bet the OEM ujoints on yours are just old. Check your front ones as well. If they are starting to rust through the caps they are bad.

Back