• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The FOOD thread

tone

NAXJA Forum User
Since the other food thread was locked for some odd reason:(, here's a fresh one!:)

What are you eating for dinner tonight?

And since the holidays are around what is your favorite food to eat?

While we're at it, to all my beer drinkers out there what is your favorite seasonal brew?

Food....anything with legs. Chicken, beef, pork....mmmm. Hate seafood.
Beer....beer sucks, grow some taste buds.

Probably gonna cook a steak and baked potatoe tonight.

For beer it all depends.
At home or dinner a nice IPA, but it's winter I like the scotch.

How about what's your favorite camping food?

BSC Skillet Breakfast :
Ingredients:
12 eggs
1 lb jimmy dean breakfast sausage
1 bag frozen hash browns
1 lb shredded cheese
2 dozen taco size tortillas

Fire up the camp stove and fry the sausage till done in a big skillet. Once the sausage is cooked all the way scoop it onto a plate and cover it so it doesn't get dirt/dust on it. use the remaining grease from the sausage to cook the hash browns to a nice golden brown. crack all 12 eggs into the pan, dump the sausage back in and scramble up the eggs. Once the eggs are fully cooked turn off the heat, dump the cheese on top, and cover it for 5 minutes. scoop into warmed tortillas and make burritos or tacos with a healthy splash of tapatio hot sauce. This feeds 8-10 people and is the perfect hangover killer.

Lunch:
6 lbs carne asada (the prepared kind already seasoned)
2 dozen taco size tortillas
1 lb shredded cheese
4 limes
tomatoes, sour cream, etc... whatever you like on your tacos.

cook meat, slice, make tacos. you figure it out :D

Trail Snack: Manifold Burritos
Take 2 or 3 frozen burritos out of the plastic, wrap them in aluminum foil, and place them on your intake manifold between the valve cover and the fuel injector wiring harness. go wheeling for 30 minutes, flip them over, and go wheeling for another 20 minutes. eat burritos and continue wheeling as necessary.

Dinner:
2 pork loins
1 small bottle tabasco hot sauce
1 big bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
2 loaves of bread or packs of burger buns
aluminum foil

get a charcoal grill going (one that has a lid). sear the pork loins on all sides just long enough to get them cooked on the outside only. lay out 2 pieces of foil on a table big enough to wrap the meat up and fold the ends up and over at least 2 " on each side, and place one pork loin in the center of each piece of foil. pour half of the bottle of hot sauce, and half of the BBQ sauce over each of them, then wrap the foil up over the top so the ends touch, then roll the ends together like how you would close a paper lunch sack. roll it down tight against the pork and fold the ends up and roll them the same way to make a sealed package, then throw them both back on the grill and put the lid on. cook for 20-30 minutes. Take em off, throw em in a big bowl, and use two forks to pull the meat apart and shred it. make sure the juices from cooking end up in the bowl as well otherwise it will come out really dry. scoop into the bread and eat some kick ass pulled pork sandwiches.

Desert:
Beer (lots of it)

drink beers, repeat as necessary to achieve maximum fun.

:cheers:

My favorite food

abalone.jpg

Pot roast/stew with carrots, potatoes, onions, celery been cooking all day, and washing it down with a Rogue hazelnut brown nectar beer!

Holiday food would be green bean casorol

Dinner tonight= Now n laters

Holiday food = fudge

Beer= Shiner Bock year round

Pot roast/stew with carrots, potatoes, onions, celery been cooking all day, and washing it down with a Rogue hazelnut brown nectar beer!

Holiday food would be green bean casorol

My favorite too, but we call it "white trash casserole" with tons of french fried onions on top.:lickout::thumbup:

Food: Anything that isn't still moving. Mexican, Japanese, Thai, American, BBQ, you name it. I'll pass on the Fugu, however. Don't need that kind of buzz from my food. Speaking of buzz....

Beer: Anything that needs a knife and fork to cut. Partial to Belgiums, IPA, favorite are Ommegang Brewery, Cooperstown, NY.

David Bricker / SYR

Last edited:
I bought the Sam Adams winter variety pack at sams club. it had a chocolate bock in it. now i have NOT even wanted to taste it so itll sit there until my brothers wife can drink them for me. Theres a coffee ale in there too though that isnt bad but defintly not good if you want an actual beer. Great for sipping.
Other than that i love the winter beer season. i'm a beer snob these days, none of that stuff that looks like urine. Shiner bock, Sam Adams, Blue moon.. anything else that makes its way past the beer guards and into my beer fridge.
Winter lagers for the win!!
My wife makes a great selection of winter hot foods. chicken and dumplings, good ol' home-mashed potatoes with some skin still in them, all the good stuff that you would need after wrenching in the cold with numb fingers.
I'll be smoking a brisket and/or a turkey at least once a month with either pecan or mesquite wood. If you don't own a smoker i would say go get one of your choosing. I have a side box style and once you start cooking meat on a smoker you'll never go back to the oven. ( I had to carefully construct that last sentence ) to do it good it takes up to 36 hours of fore-thought but it is very much worth it. Less time is required if you buy the meat and take it home to prepare instead of tossing it in the deep freeze.

Back