• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do axle degree shims add lift?

hawk_sixsix

NAXJA Forum User
My 4-degree shims measure 1/2" tall on one end. I started doing the math on this, theorizing that it'll either lift 1/2" or 1/4" but I really need to get back to work removing my other stuck leaf spring bolt. Yeah, the ones in the front. One down, one to go. :smoker:

So what's the word on degree shims adding lift?

Last edited:
Technically yes,but not enough to worry about,like you said a 1/4" maybe.

That works. I can replace my OE 1/2" isolators with a pair of RE 3/4" coil spacers I have lying around, and I'm even. (and a 1/4" taller, every bit helps)

yes. put a cement block in the trunk. fixed.

you really think you will notice 1/4"?

No way. But I've had a pair of 3/4" spacers lying around, and it's a good time to replace my OE isolators. Another reason I was asking was for when I take my "after" measurements, I'll know what contributed what. Believe me, my build is not hinging on a 1/4" here or there.

Thanks for the replies guys, back to work for me.

Since you mentioned replacing your spring isolators, I thought I would add this tid bit.

I have wrestled with a misaligned passenger-side coil spring for two years. I had a 2" OME lift, and left on the yellow spacer to top of the Mopar isolator when I changed over to my RE 5.5" lift. Apparently, the stock Mopar isloator was warn enough to cause the passenger coil spring to bend forward and contact the internal bump stop post. Rubicon Express said they experience this often and suggested rotating the coil from time to time. Hmmm.

The other day I replaced my isolators and was surprised to find the coils seated perfectly inline with the bump stops. The original $13 isolators failed and caused the misalignment. Seems easy now, but it had me stumped for quite some time.

Back