• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not cranking (xj95)

95xjbawler

NAXJA Forum User
So got working on the xj today, and went to start it and didnt do a thing. the lights and all worked fine, the horn died when i hit it. and the starter would spark when you jump the posts. but not trying to engage or start. I already took the starter out and had it test and it was fine?? any ideas. I read the ignition failure will cause this?maybe a bad connection from battery to starter?

try the ignition switch if that dont do it i had the wire break from the batt. to the ignition switch were it went thru the firewall ran a new wire and all was good

have the battery charged and tested before you start digging into it too far. The starter should crank the engine (since it has tested good) when the posts are jumped unless there is insufficient electricity getting to it. With a known good battery and clean, tight connections try starting it again.

i think its the power wire from batt to starter, replacing it tomorrow and gonna give it a go. also bought a new ignition starter switch... im thinking its what yous mean when you say ignition switch

Back