• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warrior Products Safari Rack

FedExXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This question will pertain to those who have installed a Warrior Products Safari Rack w/Gutter Mounts on your XJ. I just purchased this setup and I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the gutter mounts on, is says to tighten the carriage bolts to mount them securely to the gutter rails but I can't figure out how to get them on there. I'm sure it's going to be something stupid and I'm going to feel like an idiot but oh well, thanks everyone!

Not sure about Warrior racks per se, but carriage bolts anchor on the square side...so they won't turn when you are turning the nut...so they should slip through the "slot" with the square sides of the bolt, up at the head. Whether that makes any sense or not. The carriage bolt tops should be on the working side so they don't snag on anything and the bottom ends, where the nuts go on should be facing down, or away from the working side.

Hope that helps, I don't know if I'm envisioning it the right way.

Back