• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bank one sensor one o2 sensor

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
That's the forward most upstream sensor right, only have internet on my phone so adv search is tough to do
TIA

Doug

That's the forward most upstream sensor right, only have internet on my phone so adv search is tough to do
TIA

Doug
That's correct. An I-6 only has one bank so it's
naturally bank one, and sensor one is the furthest
upstream.

Good luck.

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the upstream one located just after the Manifold. Bank 1 Sensor 2 is the After-Cat one.

Just soak the threads in your favourite penetrating oil prior to removing it. Clean the area well before installing the replacement so as to not contanimate it. The replacement Sensor should come with thread sealant on it, do not add any extra. Short job, no HuHu.

thought I had more than two, not used to my 2000 yet, sensor is less than a year old so should come out pretty easy

thanks for the answers guys it'll be nice to get rid of the stutter

thought I had more than two, not used to my 2000 yet, sensor is less than a year old so should come out pretty easy

If your XJ has only one catalytic converter (49-state standard), it has two O2 sensor.
If it has the two mini-cats (50-state standard), located on the header, you have four O2 sensors, two upstream and two downstream. On the twin mini-cat models, there is a third catalytic converter located just in front of the muffler. It does not have a O2 sensor located at its rear, like it would if it was a single cat model.

yeah i have the three cat Cali exhaust, i know i have two upstream (one on each downpipe) just wanted to make sure that sensor 1 was the front most, rather not buy the wrong one

I have a 2000 and I've been trying to fix mine for months.
codes,0132,0135,141,and 138.
I have a ODB2 scanner and i even took it to the dealer. Their machine said the same as my $70 scanner. I've replaced both O2 sensors with the dealer(mopar) replace my cpu. new muffler. And still nothing.The wiring looks fine. what els is there.

Did you check the heater fuses that are for the sensors?

yeah i have the three cat Cali exhaust, i know i have two upstream (one on each downpipe) just wanted to make sure that sensor 1 was the front most, rather not buy the wrong one
Yes, the front top is sensor 1.
I believe the only difference between a front and rear sensor is the length of the connecting wire. The plugs are the same.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/6199008483/in/set-72157617739562174
It's difficult to see but both of the rear sensor leads are longer than the fronts.

Back