• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Electrical Problems - Gauge Cluster and Window Defroster

Miller88

NAXJA Forum User
So I thought I had the harness issue ... maybe I do.

My Jeep now has 000098 miles on it after last night's freakout. The gas gauge is pegged at full (if only it was real) and the speedo isn't going above 45.

To those who have had the harness issue: Did it make the relay click for the rear window defrost and keep turning it on??

What I've noticed is when my gauge cluster freaks out, the relay for the rear window defrost is clicking and turns itself on. The only way to turn off the defrost is to kill the engine via ignition switch and start back up ... Also when this happens, the gauge cluster "Freezes" where it is and the only way to turn the cluster off is to pull the battery. Shutting off the Jeep won't do anything for the frozen cluster.

There are some weird wiring issues going on.

To the wiring experts ... are there any related wires between both the gauge cluster and the defrost switch

Back